First picture PreviousLatest Entry Next Last picture
Click to Enlarge

Here we've begun the effort of creating the glare shield. We made a cardboard template. Then we made a fiberglass template, and that was of questionable value because it was too flexible.

We ordered Last-a-Foam from Aircraft Spruce. For our glare shield, one 24' x 48' sheet is big enough to make two glare shields, and we're glad about that: In our effort to bend the Last-a-Foam, we became too aggressive. If you look at the right corner, you'll see that we managed to crack the foam. We're going to go ahead and fit this one; and even if it doesn't work out, it'll be good experience.

We've painted the foam with epoxy and are ready to add a layer of bid.

1/29/2019   Picture 381

** Click picture for large version